Looking for the next step in your career? Browse and apply for jobs at DArT today.
Canberra, ACT, Australia
Founded in 2001, Diversity Arrays Technology Pty Ltd (DArT) is internationally recognised for its pioneering work in affordable genome profiling – particularly but not solely in the agricultural sector.
More than just a commercial operation, DArT also has a clear humanitarian mission – to help build food security, capacity and diversity in regions and communities with limited resources – especially in Africa and South-East Asia.
We meet our goals through:
- Customer-focused, innovative and high quality laboratory services for DNA sequencing – supporting farmers, breeders, scientists and ecologists
- Strong leadership in genomic data production – with world-leading expertise in linking genomic data with disease (biomedicine) and performance (agriculture and ecology)
- Our powerful data management platform, KDDart, along with a range of accompanying software tools, to enable integration of genetic data with field, phenotypic and environmental data
- Strong machine learning and data mining capabilities.
- Providing training in the use of our resources at Canberra headquarters, in addition to virtual training for building capacity in our operations in Mexico and Kenya.
Through our teams and our work environment, DArT embraces diversity, promotes gender equality, encourages a work life balance, and provides flexible working arrangements.
DArT is currently seeking a Mid-Level Software Developer
The Developer role will primarily be responsible for supporting the Data Analytics Team by working on diverse projects to improve our automation and scientific data pipelines.
Qualifications, experience and skills
Mandatory qualifications and experience
- Programming languages: Proficient in Python and R, with the ability to work in Java and C++.
- Strong experience working with Linux with proficiency in shell scripting.
- Managing work using git for version control.
- Configuring Apache web servers.
- Docker for containerisation.
- Experience with REST APIs: Swagger/OpenAPI; Server side and Client-side.
- Exposure to bioinformatics, statistics, and ideally genetics
- Using Tomcat Java web servers
- Exposure to numerical programming and data analytics/scripting/visualisation
- Experience using CI/CD
- Exposure to HPC and/or cloud-based computation
In addition to the key responsibilities of the role, the successful applicant will be expected to:
- Maintain positive working relationships with all company staff
- Demonstrate an ability to work independently as well as part of a team, to complete routine day to day tasks
- Have an ability to multitask, along with an essential orientation toward teamwork and cooperation
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
Selection Criteria and how to apply
Applicants will be short listed for an interview, based on:
- A statement addressing the position criteria, providing examples of your experience which demonstrate your ability to meet the mandatory requirements of this position. Applications must include itemised responses to each point listed under the headings: Mandatory qualifications and experience; Desirable skills.
- A brief cover letter
- An up-to-date resume