- Firmly seal all bags (preferably double layer ziplock plastic bags) or alternatively use Parafilm
- Full contact details to be provided in printed form inside the parcel for the sender of the material, and also for the client to be invoiced (if different)
- Make sure all our contact details (and yours) are correctly and legibly written, including our phone number, on outside the package.
- Please include your Service Specification and Sample Tracking File.
- Package in a rigid box/container with ample packing to allow for rough handling during shipment.
If samples are of hard tissue or exoskeleton please contact us before shipping for clarification and possible alternative packing requirements.
For all others, please follow the following instructions:
- Use FULLY SKIRTED, V-shaped96 well PCR plate(s) to allow for our automated plates processing;
- Provide no more than 20mg of tissue per sample;
- Make sure the tissue is fully submerged in 70% (to 100%)ethanol, however do not exceed 70μlto 100μl of liquid (tissue size dependent);
- Seal the plate(s) thoroughly with PCR strip caps NOT PCR plate seals.
We recommend using the following plates or equivalent
- Eppendorf Twintec plate (Product code 0030128648) or 4titude FrameStar plate (Product code 4ti-096/C)
- Starstedt 8 strip clear flat caps (Product code 65.1998.400)
If these products are not available to you, we can courier to you for 200 AUD. This can simply be added to your invoice.
Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any doubts about tissue size/weight or if you have not used our services for the organism/tissue you plan to send to us before.