We are more than happy to ship plates, caps and other consumables to those that do not have the appropriate consumables available for a flat fee of 200AUD. This fee covers the cost of international couriers and tracking (Fed-Ex or DHL). This service can simply be added to the customers invoice.
You MUST carefully complete ALL 6 steps
Please Note: DArT processes all samples as efficiently, quickly and carefully as possible. However we are unable to process samples damaged or contaminated in transit, or if they are impounded by Customs.
Please be advised that compliance with strict Australian Quarantine regulations is MANDATORY, otherwise your samples will be ceased and potentially destroyed by Customs.
Plant Tissue Quality and Quantity Requirements
Minimise the risk that the submitted tissues contain pathogenic viruses, bacteria, pest and parasites.
We accept 20-25mg of fresh tissue or 10-15mg of lyophilised tissue.
The success of gDNA extraction relies on tissue quality from sampling to arrival to our facility. Please use the best methods of sampling and storing your samples prior shipment. These methods depend on the plant and tissue source.
Leaves are most commonly used tissue source for plants. We recommend collecting leaves into liquid nitrogen, if feasible, if not on ice blocks or at least on desiccant as silica beads/gels. If possible we recommend lyophilising leaf samples before subsampling into recommended plates for shipment.
If lyophilisation is not possible, please oven dry the leaves before subsampling and shipment. In any case, DO NOT SHIP previously frozen leaf material at room temperature as gDNA will get degraded before reaching our facility.
Seeds and other plant samples
Seeds do not require special treatment, other than shipping with silica beads/gels.
Tissue samples from museum collections/herbarium/prolonged storage/valuable materials
We recommend that the gDNA form museum collections/herbarium/prolonged storage/valuable material is extracted by our users. If you have to rely on our DNA extraction services we will do our best, however it is critical you alert us that your material is from museum collections/herbarium/prolonged storage/valuable by adding adequate note while placing your order and on the Sample Tracking File in the Comments. Otherwise your samples will be processed using our standard procedures which may not be sufficient for museum collections/herbarium/prolonged storage/valuable tissues.
If shipping internationally the plant tissue MUST be pounded, otherwise the shipment will be ceased by Australian Quarantine Office (AQIS).
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com, we will assist based on experience with large diversity of processed organisms/tissue sources.
- Register, if not already, then Login to Online Ordering at https://ordering.diversityarrays.com/login.pl
- Create a Sample Tracking Template File (required next). Please click to read more about this.
- Remember wells G12 and H12 are used for control and MUST BE EMPTY
- Create an order – Select ‘Order Services’ to access Online Ordering and create your order;
- Print the Order Registration and record your Reference Number.
Plant Tissue samples (freeze/dried) MUST be pounded/pulverised.
- Firmly seal all bags (preferably double layer ziplock plastic bags) or alternatively use Parafilm
- Full contact details to be provided in printed form inside the parcel for the sender of the material, and also for the client to be invoiced (if different)
- Make sure all our contact details (and yours) are correctly and legibly written, including our phone number, on outside the package.
- Please include your Service Specification and Sample Tracking File.
- Package in a rigid box/container with ample packing to allow for rough handling during shipment.
For Plant Tissues, please follow the following instructions:
- Use ‘MicroTube Rack System™, 1.1mL Single Tubes in Racks’ (from National Scientific Supply Co, Inc. USA, website: nat-sci.com, catalogue numbers TN0946-01R for racks and TN0946-01B for tubes1) or equivalentto allow for our automated plate(s) processing,
- Label the tubes from either row A or row H with their well positon (for example A1, A2, A3 etc.);
- Provide around 10mg of plant tissue per sample/tube; please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any doubts about tissue size/weight or if you have not used our services for the organism/tissue you plan to send to us before;
- Use ‘Pierceable TPE Micronic capband-8 cluster ’ (capmat format from Micronic, The Netherlands, website: micronic.com, catalogue number MP53024) or equivalent, to firmly and securely seal the tubes;
- Make sure that ALL tubes across the rack are tightly sealed;
- Package the rack(s) with plant tissue samples in a rigid box with ample packing (bubble wrap or similar) to allow for rough handling during shipment;
This step is crucial in order to avoid shipping delays, seizure and potential destruction by Australian Customs
Documents Required For Outside of Australia
You should carefully follow all the instructions on this page and ensure that you can all necessary paperwork for delivery.
Print two copies of the required documents:
- Supplier’s Declaration (Click to view a template for Supplier’s Declaration for Plant Tissue),
- Pro forma Invoice (Click to view a template for Pro Forma Invoice),
- Import Permit (Permit-0005326268.pdf)
- Service Specification (from step 1),
- Sample Tracking File (from step 1),
- Air Way Bill (AWB)
Suppiler’s Declaration must:
- Be printed on your organisation letterhead paper,
- Be in English,
- Prominently quote the Air Way Bill (AWB) number on all pages of declaration,
- Be issued in and dated in the last six months.
- Be signed by the sender,
- Describe your samples accurately, stating “Pounded plant tissues species (insert full name) for in-vitro use only – no import permit required.”
- The desclaration MUST also clearly state that the samples are sent for destructive analysis in the PC1 laborator of Diversity Arrays Technology Pty. Ltd.
Print Pro Forma Invoice:
- On your organisation’s letterhead stating the value of each plate of 96 samples at 20 USD or Euros or AUD (as you wish).
Air Way Bill (AWB) must:
- Accurately describe your samples (space is more limited as: “Pounded plant tissues species (insert full name) for in-vitro use only – no import permit required.”
- Do not use the words PLANT or PLANT SAMPLES without also mentioning POUNDED.
Place the first set of the required documents in an envelope attached to the OUTSIDE of your package, clearly labelled “Quarantine and Customs Documentation”. Include the second set of these documents inside the package.
Clearly/legibly include DArT Quarantine Officer phone number +61 2 6122 7314 or +61 2 6122 7300.
For all courier companies: make sure all our contact details are correctly and legibly written, including phone number.
Ship to Address
Diversity Arrays Technology
Building 3, Level D,
University of Canberra Bruce, ACT 2617
LPO Box 5067,
Bruce ACT 2617, Australia
Please use both addresses when shipping.
- Enter Allawoona St from Ginninderra Dr.
- Right into Broula St
- Right into Kirinari St
- Left into Monana St – Building 3, 5.
- Level D – Top (South West end)
WARNING: Failure to carefully follow all these instructions will cause delays in your order reaching us and a high probability of samples arriving damaged/ cross contaminated that we cannot process or be withheld by Customs and possibly destroyed.