We are more than happy to ship plates, caps and other consumables to those that do not have the appropriate consumables available for a flat fee of 200AUD. This fee covers the cost of international couriers and tracking (Fed-Ex or DHL). This service can simply be added to the customers invoice.
You MUST carefully complete ALL 6 steps
Please Note: DArT processes all samples as efficiently, quickly and carefully as possible. However we are unable to process samples damaged or contaminated in transit, or if they are impounded by Customs.
Please be advised that compliance with strict Australian Quarantine regulations is MANDATORY, otherwise your samples will be seized and potentially destroyed by Customs. Please follow our instructions very carefully and contact us if you have any questions.
Animal Tissues Quality and Quantity Requirements
We process gDNA extraction in automated processes and it is critical that you will follow our recommendations about tissue sampling, storage, packaging and shipment.
Minimise the risk that the submitted tissues contain pathogenic viruses, bacteria, pest and parasites.
The success of gDNA extraction relies on tissue quality from sampling to arrival to our facility. Please use the best methods of sampling and storing your samples prior shipment. These methods depend on the organism and tissue. If unsure, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org we will assist based on experience with large diversity of processed organisms/tissue sources.
Tissues other than blood
We accept 10-15mg of tissue submerged in 70% ethanol which volume cannot exceed 100µl. Please ensure the quantity of submitted tissue is as uniform as possible and be aware that additional fee will be charged if we need to subsample too large tissue samples.
If you are submitting tissues know to leave behind exonucleolitic activity (as for example fins of some fish species) please ensure you tick the box consenting for additional post extraction gDNA clean up. It might be the only way to successfully process such samples.
If you are submitting very small whole organisms as for example tiny insects, nematodes etc. it is critical that you alert us by placing adequate note while placing your order and on the Sample Tracking File in the Comments.
We accept full blood samples, ideally freshly collected and dried before shipment (3-5µl per sample). Liquid blood (5-10µl per sample) suspended under 70% ethanol or blood samples preserved on FTA paper are fine too. Please note that if you want to secure low price for DNA extraction from blood preserved on FTA paper we require the disks of 3 to 5 mm in diameter to be submitted in the recommended microtiter plate. Please note that subsampling from FTA paper performed in our facility will attract an additional fee.
Tissue samples from museum collections/valuable/prolonged storage materials
We recommend that the gDNA from museum/valuable/prolonged storage materials is extracted by our users. If you have to rely on our DNA extraction services we will do our best, however it is critical you alert us that your material is from museum collections/valuable/prolonged storage by adding adequate note while placing your order and on the Sample Tracking File in the Comments. Otherwise your samples will be processed using our standard procedures which may not be sufficient for museum collections/valuable/prolonged storage tissues.
- Register, if not already, then Login to Online Ordering at https://ordering.diversityarrays.com/login.pl
- Create a Sample Tracking Template File (required next). Please click to read more about this.
- Remember wells G12 and H12 are used for control and MUST BE EMPTY
- Create an order – Select ‘Order Services’ to access Online Ordering and create your order;
- Print the Order Registration and record your Reference Number.
Animal Tissue samples MUST be preserved in 70% (to 100%) ethanol.
- Firmly seal all bags (preferably double layer ziplock plastic bags) or alternatively use Parafilm
- Full contact details to be provided in printed form inside the parcel for the sender of the material, and also for the client to be invoiced (if different)
- Make sure all our contact details (and yours) are correctly and legibly written, including our phone number, on outside the package.
- Please include your Service Specification and Sample Tracking File.
- Package in a rigid box/container with ample packing to allow for rough handling during shipment.
If samples are of hard tissue or exoskeleton please contact us before shipping for clarification and possible alternative packing requirements.
For all others, please follow the following instructions:
- Use FULLY SKIRTED, V-shaped96 well PCR plate(s) to allow for our automated plates processing;
- Provide no more than 20mg of tissue per sample;
- Make sure the tissue is fully submerged in 70% (to 100%)ethanol, however do not exceed 70μlto 100μl of liquid (tissue size dependent);
- Seal the plate(s) thoroughly with PCR strip caps NOT PCR plate seals.
We recommend using the following plates or equivalent
- Eppendorf Twintec plate (Product code 0030128648) or 4titude FrameStar plate (Product code 4ti-096/C)
- Starstedt 8 strip clear flat caps (Product code 65.1998.400)
If these products are not available to you, we can courier to you for 200 AUD. This can simply be added to your invoice.
Please contact us (email@example.com) if you have any doubts about tissue size/weight or if you have not used our services for the organism/tissue you plan to send to us before.
This step is crucial in order to avoid shipping delays, seizure and potential destruction by Australian Customs
Documents Required For Outside of Australia
You should carefully follow all the instructions on this page and ensure that you can all necessary paperwork for delivery.
Print two copies of the required documents:
- Supplier’s Declaration (Click to view a template for Supplier’s Declaration for Animal Tissue and Fluids),
- Pro forma Invoice (Click to view a template for Pro Forma Invoice),
- Import Permit (Permit 0004007567 Animal Fluids and Tissue)
- Service Specification (from step 1),
- Sample Tracking File (from step 1),
- Air Way Bill (AWB)
Suppiler’s Declaration must:
- Be printed on your organisation letterhead paper,
- Be in English,
- Prominently quote the Air Way Bill (AWB) number on all pages of declaration,
- Be issued in and dated in the last six months.
- Be signed by the sender,
- Describe your samples accurately, stating “Preserved tissue in 70% ethanol from species (insert full name) for in vitro use only”
- The desclaration MUST also clearly state that the samples are sent for destructive analysis in the PC1 laborator of Diversity Arrays Technology Pty. Ltd.
Print Pro Forma Invoice:
- On your organisation’s letterhead stating the value of each plate of 96 samples at 20 USD or Euros or AUD (as you wish).
Air Way Bill (AWB) must:
- Accurately describe your samples (space is more limited as: “Preserved tissue in 70% ethanol from species (insert full name) for in vitro use only”
- Do not use the words ANIMAL or ANIMAL SAMPLES without also mentioning PRESERVED IN 70% Ethanol.
Place the first set of the required documents in an envelope attached to the OUTSIDE of your package, clearly labelled “Quarantine and Customs Documentation”. Include the second set of these documents inside the package.
Clearly/legibly include DArT Quarantine Officer phone number +61 2 6122 7314 or +61 2 6122 7300.
For all courier companies: make sure all our contact details are correctly and legibly written, including phone number.
Ship to Address
Diversity Arrays Technology
Building 3, Level D,
University of Canberra Bruce, ACT 2617
LPO Box 5067,
Bruce ACT 2617, Australia
Please use both addresses when shipping.
- Enter Allawoona St from Ginninderra Dr.
- Right into Broula St
- Right into Kirinari St
- Left into Monana St – Building 3, 5.
- Level D – Top (South West end)
WARNING: Failure to carefully follow all these instructions will cause delays in your order reaching us and a high probability of samples arriving damaged/ cross contaminated that we cannot process or be withheld by Customs and possibly destroyed.